Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book Review: Costume Jewellery by Judith Miller

Ale_Book_ModelFun
Costume
Recently I have become interested in costume jewellery, and as luck would have it, a fabulous new book on the subject has just been published.

Costume Jewellery by Judith Miller is a great addition to add to your library of fashion history and references. This volume is not only for people who work in the business but would be appreciated by anybody who is interested in design or fashion.

I particularly liked the introduction which covered costume jewellery from Ancient Times, through the Renaissance to Art Nouveau and ending with a section on designers of the 21st century.

Followed by a concise directory with photographs of the major pieces produced by the major designers of costume jewellery all wonderfully illustrated and printed.

I look forward to which of our guests in the coming months will pick it up from the coffee-table and watch them browse through it while I show them my favourite pieces and designers. Currently I have the Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli collections book-marked.

*I accepted a copy for review but this is not a paid promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment